Translation always subtracts infinite subtlety, depth, and beauty from the words, but singing with an English translation in mind is much better than singing “empty” words to a beautiful tune:
For Your sake, God, act וְלֺא לָנוּ,
– and not for us רְאֵה עֲמִידָתֵנוּ,
– see our position, דַּלִּים וְרֵקִים.
– meager and empty. הַנְּשָׁמָה לָךְ
– the soul is Yours, וְהַגּוּף פָּעֳלָךְ,
– and the body is Your work, חוּסָה עַל עֲמָלָךְ.
– have pity on Your labor.
Categories: Articole de interes general