These trends have become norms over the past few years. What was once rare in worship services is now commonplace in many of our churches.
NINE COMMON TRENDS IN CHURCH WORSHIP SERVICES
- Choirs are disappearing.
- Dress is more casual.
- Screens are pervasive.
- Preaching is longer.
- “Multi” is normative.
- Attendees are more diverse.
- Conflict is not increasing.
- More worship attendees are attending larger churches.
- Sunday evening services are disappearing.
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- It is becoming prevalent to see casual dress in church services.
- Millennial preachers typically preach longer than generations before them.
- “Multi” is becoming normative. Church growth is happening horizontally, not vertically.
- Multi-ethnic worship services are not just becoming normal, they are almost expected in many large churches.