• Confidence is contagious.
• Contentment is being confident that you measure up to any test you are facing because Christ has made his strength available to you.
• You cannot consistently perform in a manner that is inconsistent with the way you see yourself.
• Six steps to developing confidence:
1) Establish your worth according to God’s value system.
2) Focus on God and not on your situation.
3) Develop friendships with confident people.
4) Put a few wins under your belt.
5) Find one thing you’re good at and then specialize until you are special.
6) Begin to develop a knowledge of people and product.
• When you have knowledge or skill and the momentum that confidence brings, then things begin to happen in your relationships.
• A leader with confidence is a leader who brings about positive change in people.”
from “Be A People Person: Effective Leadership Through Effective Relationships” by John C. Maxwell